If your daughter is not available to come to the testing date, you will need to contact the clinic directly to set up an appointment. No swimmer will be allowed to train after September 30th without this testing completed.
What exactly is a baseline test?
“A baseline test is a series of objective measures taken on a healthy person, before the injury happens. These test results are then used as a comparison should you get a concussion. The purpose of the baseline test, therefore, is to provide a better clinical picture of brain recovery, and more accurately determine when a person is safe to return to sports & other high-risk activities. A recent study foundthat a comprehensive baseline re-test used to return athletes to play matched with the timeline of brain recovery in previous research studies (10). A comprehensive multimodal baseline assessment is currently the best available tool to manage concussion injuries safely and should be on every athlete’s ‘to do list’ before starting the sports season!”
- The cost for this testing has been included in your registration fees.
- It is $65 for 13 and under,
- $75 for swimmers over 13 as there is an additional cognitive test for the older swimmers.
- This testing is covered under Chiropractic Care with most insurance benefit programs and families can submit the receipt to their Insurer.
- Receipts will be providedif indicated during registration.
- The baseline testing will be done by the Leaps and Bounds Performance Rehabilitation Clinic.
- Testing takes approximately 45 minutes, parents are welcome to come and observe. You will need to register online for the testing.
- Leaps and Bounds will email you directly with a link to registration. Swimmers 13 and over will also receive a link to the online cognitive test to be completed from home.
- A member of the Leaps and Bounds Team will be attending our registration evening to give a brief presentation and to answer any questions.